Social Icons

Thursday, August 9, 2012

How Anna found Piero, Ignazio and Gianluca


SooToday.com received the following account of how sweet the reward for persistence and ingenuity can be. Loyal SooToday.com reader Anna Mollame sent us her story and pictures of how she found and met Italian singing sensations Il Volo for the second time. Everyone can find the two young members of Il Volo on stage at the Essar Centre tomorrow evening. There are still a few tickets left. Get yours now.
*************************
Hello, my name is Anna Mollame, I am 18-years old and on Tuesday August 6 I had the pleasure of meeting Il Volo for the second time.
I first met Il Volo when I went to their concert in Detroit on October 16, 2011.
They were the sweetest boys I've ever met so when I discovered they were in the Sault I made it my mission to meet them again.
My friend mentioned that she saw their tour bus on the bridge and from that point on I went on a hunt to find where this bus was.
My inner detective came out and I thought to myself, where can they possibly hide a bus and then I figured it out!
I found the bus at Comfort Suites, just around the corner from my house (bonus!) .
The next morning my friend and myself went to the hotel and waited in the lobby for the boys to finish their breakfast.


I first spotted Piero, he then came over and spoke with us.
Soon after Ignazio joined him and we all had a lovely conversation.
I showed them the picture from the Meet and Greet last year and they recognized me.
I was so excited!
They told us all about how they flew in from Italy the night before and how excited they are to be beginning their second North American Tour.
We asked where Gianluca was and they mentioned he was sleeping so after a few pictures and autographs we patiently waited for Gianluca to wake up.
My mother met Ignazio's mother who only speaks Italian, so they conversed in pure Italian.
My mother was thrilled to be speaking with her and she was without a doubt excited about being able to speak in her native tongue.
She is a beautiful woman with such a kind heart.
The boys are lucky to have her on their tour.
About two hours later, Gianluca came through the doors and apologized for being a little sweaty from a workout (it was NOT a problem haha).
The best part of meeting him again was before he approached us for a hug, he stopped and pointed to me and said  "I remember you, from Detroit right!"
Needless to say I am now the happiest girl on the entire planet. I can't believe he remembered me without even seeing the picture first.
Gianluca then spoke with us for 10 minutes about everything and anything from how he broke his phone, Italy, Canada, jetlag, our favourite places to visit, their new tour bus (which he was very proud of) along with multiple other topics.
He was so incredibly easy to talk to, like we've been friends for years.
Before he left he gave all a hug and said it was a pleasure to meet us and that he can't wait to see us Friday, August 10, at the concert!
He said he loved the Sault because it was so small and intimate and everyone was very sweet.
He loves the cooler weather because Italy is very hot and he was very excited that we were his age.
He is 17 and so is my friend.
It was such an authentic and beautiful experience.
Piero and Ignazio were very sweet as well, not to mention they are very funny.
Ignazio looks incredible since he lost nearly 50 pounds since the last time I met him.
Piero has a new hair style and glasses and Gianluca never disappoints with his very shy persona but once you meet him, he opens up and is the most talkative out of the group.
These boys have not only been blessed with enormous talent and beautiful voices but also absolutely beautiful personalities.
They all have such a kind heart and they appreciate all the fans and their support since they are in a foreign country.
I am sharing this story not only to inform you on what they are like as a person but I highly encourage that if you haven't already bought tickets to Friday's show to please do so.
You will not be disappointed.
Their show is nothing short of sheer beauty and talent.
It's hard to believe voices that sound like the voices of older men are coming out of 17,18 and 19 year old bodies. 
Thank you Il Volo for taking the time to meet me and for coming to my beautiful city to share your talents with everyone.
*************************
Disclaimer: The content supplied by readers as "Letters to the Editor" on SooToday.com does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such content, statement, or opinions therein. SooToday.com does not necessarily adhere to or endorse content provided by outside non-staff sources.

The full text of a news release from the G. Marconi Society follows.

*************************
Join the G. Marconi Society for the highlight event of its 100th anniversary celebration.
Italian singing sensations IL VOLO performs at the Essar Centre this Friday evening at 8 p.m.
It will be their first stop before embarking on a North American headline tour.
The three teenage tenors from Italy exploded on to the US music scene and into the hearts and fans following their show stopping appearance on American Idol last year.
Their self-titled debut CD debuted at No.6 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart.
Worldwide sales are approaching the one million mark.
Already certified platinum in their homeland, the boys also appeared on major US television shows including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Today Show, Good Morning America, The Talk, Ellen, Rachel Ray and a surprise performance on the final episode of the HBO series Entourage.
Tickets for the show are on sale at the Essar Centre box office.
They are also available on-line @ www.essarcentre.ca or by telephone @             1-866-775-9422      .
For more information on this event, contact Gino Cavallo, Marconi 100th Anniversary committee member,             705-257-8214       or visit www.gmarconisociety.com
*************************

IL VOLO pronunciation guide:       Piero Barone  (Ba-ro-nay)
                                                  Ignazio Boschetto (Ig-nat-sio Bo-sket-o)
                                                  Gianluca Ginoble (Gee-an-loo-ka Gee-no-blay)


Source: sootoday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Links

Piero Barone: Twitter | Instagram | Keek
Gianluca Ginoble: Twitter | Instagram | Keek
Ignazio Boschetto: Twitter | Instagram | just.me

Contact

youtube | keek | email:teamilvolo@live.com